One of my clients (Elder Law Attorney) is looking to bring an associate attorney into this established, multi-person law firm. He is looking for advice on how others have done this. For example:
- How did you structure the compensation in terms of type (salary, base plus commission) and starting level?
- How did you insure the chemistry would work?
- How did you avoid having someone come on just to learn how to do it and then start their own firm?
- What contracts/agreements did you use to protect everyone's interests?
- How did you go about finding candidates and which one worked the best?
If anyone is willing to chat with me, or perhaps with my client directly, I would be delighted to schedule a call.
Thanks in advance,